You’ve done it, you’ve taken the plunge and, against the advice of your grandpa, who listens to copious amounts of country music and believes that it’s American-made cars or nothing, you’ve bought a foreign car. Foreign or “import” cars are awesome! They have more luxury models than any American-made cars, they are rumored to last longer, and they’re often considered to be better quality.
Fast-forward a few years down the road, and depending on the age of your beloved import car, you might be looking at some repairs. No matter who has made it, no car lasts forever and your car will, eventually, need a good mechanic. But how do you go about finding the right doctor for your sick import? Your foreign car isn’t one that can be just taken anywhere; it has special needs and must be worked on by someone who knows what they’re doing. Here in Colorado Springs, finding the right mechanic for your import car is simple: call us! Whether you’re needing Lexus repair, BMW repair, or repair on any other type of vehicle, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn about some of the most common issues to arise in your foreign car.
When we think of some of the most luxurious cars on the market, many of our minds immediately think of Lexus. Lexus, a luxury division of Toyota, is Japan’s number one selling brand of cars. The first Lexus car was an LS 400 and was manufactured in 1989; it wasn’t until more than fifteen years later that Lexus became a brand that was sold on the global market. The widespread popularity of Lexus cars had an impact on the sales of other luxury brands and thus, Lexus became a household name. Most Lexus owners are more than satisfied with their choice of vehicle. But again, like any other vehicle, you’ll eventually be in need of Lexus repair here in Colorado Springs. Even though there are tons of Lexus models, and each with its own pros and cons, we’re going to keep it general for this blog. We can’t very well dwell on each Lexus model so we’re going to look at Lexus as a whole. The following are some of the most common reasons you’ll need Lexus repairs.
- The inside rear view mirror may become discolored – It’s been reported that many Lexus models have this bizarre issue with the rearview mirror. This can obviously be a problem if it keeps you from being able to see out of your rear window, however, replacement mirrors are available and your import mechanic will be able to break down the specifics for you.
- A clicking sound coming from the brake actuator – In reported cases, this knocking sound showed itself at times when the brakes were only lightly tapped. This can sometimes be the result of a faulty or malfunctioning brake actuator. Just take your Lexus into your Colorado Springs Mechanic and your vehicle will be good as new.
- A check-engine light on due to a faulty oxygen sensor – When your oxygen sensor isn’t working properly, it could mean that your car won’t work properly. As a result of the oxygen sensor giving out, the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Your mechanic should be able to fix this simply by replacing the faulty oxygen sensor.
Owning a Lexus is always worth it; they’re known to be some of the safest, most well-made, and comfortable car on the market today. Make sure you know where to take your car when it does need a little bit of TLC.
Having a rich history including involvement in engines for WWI machines, the company known as BMW, or Bayerische Motoren Werke, didn’t even begin producing cars until the 1920s. And even given the tumultuous years during and after WWII, BMW survived and is prospering. Today, BMW is one of the largest manufacturers of luxury foreign cars on the market. Many people who own a BMW say they never want to own a different kind of car. BMW’s are known for their safety, luxury, and long-lasting engines. Additionally, many BMWs can run well even after reaching and exceeding 300,000 miles; BMW owners rarely have buyer’s remorse. But again, your BMW is bound to need a tune up or quick fix once in awhile. Here are some of the most common problems to arise in your Beamer.
- Door locks that stop working – Some BMW owners have reported that after owning their car for a while, the door locks start to become faulty. This is usually represented by the lock button not functioning the way that it once did. If you’ve noticed that your locks aren’t quite up to standards, take your car into your Colorado Springs mechanic.
- Window regulators that fail – It’s been reported by some BMW owners that their window regulators started to bring the window down extremely slowly, and eventually, not at all. If you’re starting to notice this kind of a problem in your car, take it in. It’s usually a fairly simple fix.
- Engine coils that stop functioning – While the engine coils in most BMWs last more than 100,000 miles, in some cases, the coils can fail as early as at 60,000 miles. You’ll start to notice engine shaking and hesitation but this is nothing that your import mechanic can’t fix.
- Electrical problems – Common issues in many older BMWs are problems with the electrical side of things. Whether this presents itself with faulty windshield wipers, turn signal, or the cooling fan running constantly, get some services and BMW repair at your Colorado Springs import mechanic.
Stay tuned for part two of our blog series and in the meantime, remember: no matter what kind of issue you have with your luxury import car, most people would agree that the cost of repair is worth the safety, longevity, and comfort that luxury cars offer. Regardless of what kind of repair you need for your foreign car, the experts at Your Import Car Doctor would love to chat with you and see if we can help! Whether we’re talking Lexus repair, BMW repair, or anything else, contact us now!